Friday, September 22

OT symdrome

There's a saying that when you point your (index) finger at people, you are actually pointing three fingers at yourself. Yes, so let's pick some mistakes I made in the last couple of days.

OT symdrome: I worked about 26 hours in the last two days. The lack of rest made me not very sane since. I had little patience at work. My conversation with others became blunt. I got too focused on the problem I was solving that the idea of having lunch slipped my mind yesterday until the cafeteria was closed. These short-term issues drew my attention away from the long-term planning I should be doing. And I tended to forget about my own well-being. Because of the tiredness resulted from the long work hours, my body made its own choice to cut back on everything but rest. My focus today therefore is not to work long hours but to put my life back on priority. There are definitely things more important than just work!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 11:54 AM, Blogger rhklam said...

It is good that you realize this problem only on the second day. It is not easy to take balance on your life (most valuable asset among various investments).

 
At 9/24/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Jasper222 said...

hmm.. some times it's just so hard to say "NO" to the OT thing... there's always something to work on, if u know what i mean???? for me, i know not "right", but as a matter of fact work is MOST OF my life these days! *But of course, always underpay!!!!*

have you chk out the workaholic test i've posted earlier?! chk it out - and relax :D

http://www.careerjournalasia.com/sidebars/20041130-raudsepp-quiz-sb.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home