Tuesday, June 13

Conservation of love

I recall why I put on a t-shirt that says "you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind, and your neighbour as yourself. -Luke 10:27" It was to remind me to love others more, especially in the days of frustration like these.

I have a hypothesis. I call it "conservation of love". In other words, how loving a person is = how much love he or she has received * how receptive he or she is / how selffish he or she is.

So with that conjecture, there are a few ways to make a person more loving:
  • Let him/her receive more love
  • Make him/her more receptive to love
  • Make him/her less selffish
Given that I don't love others enough (I presume you would agree with me), I should learn how to be more receptive to His love and become less selffish.

My mind was then shifted to Paul's definition of love in the New Testament.
Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride; Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil; It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true; Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things. (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 BBE)


Walk closer to Him and He shall bless with the promise of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home