Friday, August 10

Tried but there are more

I tried to concentrate on my work from home during the day. Sometimes I succeeded. Most of the time I knew I could try harder still.
I tried to absorb as much new knowledge as I can. I attained new knowledge but I could have focused more on knowledge that is worth my time most.
I tried to remind myself the purpose of my return and spend more quality time with my parents. I did see them more often now than before. And we seemed to be happier around each other than before. But sometimes I lost myself in the other priorities. I want to remind myself more about caring for them.
I tried to be my best to those dear to me. I looked for new toys, paid attention to what they liked, worried about their safety, prayed for their needs. I would even do daring things to show my courage. But I should always have a contingency plan for the rainy days. My company and all I have done was unworthy of the torn clothes, wet shoes, blistered feet and a troubled heart. At this moment, my best seems far from enough.
I tried to do all these but the most important I must not forget is to think about the encaged, the oppressed, the hungry, the disadvantaged, and how Jesus loved all of them. Maybe our ultimate love does not lie solely on the happiness of those around us. I should remind myself that good and bad, near and far, whatever body color, whatever language they speak, however frquent or infrequent we hear about them, we must remember they were created in God's image just like we were. I should remind myself life is more than just about living. It is about love.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2007 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Brother Dan

Thanks for sharing... it is so easy to be distracted... your heart is still prioritizing in "investing in people first" which is so very rare a heart to find... I am so very blessed to have met you in my lifetime and be able to read your blog here and there as I do find encouragement through some...

May the Lord continue to increase our yearning to "Invest in People First"

 
At 8/16/2007 9:46 AM, Blogger rhklam said...

慢慢來吧。

 

Post a Comment

<< Home